The Information Management supports staff and guests of the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry with information about research data, legal issues for digital solutions and provides analytics service for literature and patents, media, social media and research metrics. We work in close connection with the Public Relations and the Computing Center.
The service includes
1) Research Data
- Organization of Data
- Metadata and Documentation
- Electronic Lab Notebooks
- Reference Management Systems (EndNote, Mendeley, Papers etc.)
- Data Access and Processing
- Open Science
- Information Searches
- Literature and Patent Databases (Pubmed, Web of Science etc.)
- Collaborative Digital Tools
- Data Protection and Ethics
- Publication Data Archives
- Intellectual Property Rights: Knowledge and Technology Transfer
- Data Policies and Regulations
- Data Dissemination
- Social Media for Scientists
- Research Metrics/Bibliometrics
2) Legal Issues for Digital Solutions
- Risk Management
- Procedure Index
- Data Regulations
- (Social) Media Analytics
- Research Analytics/Bibliometrics
- Website Analytics
You find specific information on our Internal Homepage.
Predefined Search Strategies for Publications of the Max Planck Society in the Web of Science are listed for each individual Max Planck Instiute.
Links and answers for bioinformatics software you find at our Bioinformatics Core Facility.
For information about Open Access, MPG.PuRe, journals and e-books please contact our library.