||EndNote is a widespread and powerful system for Windows and Macintosh with a good Microsoft Word integration. References can be synchronized and accessed on the web.
(formerly the Intellectual Property & Science business of Thomson Reuters)
EndNote X9 for Windows and Macintosh
What's New in EndNote X9?
- Available by download at the GWDG for institutes of the Max Planck Society or via the internal homepage of the IT groups
- Word processor compatibility and system requirements
- EndNote is also available for iPads (App-Store)
- Language: English
- Usage: single user, desktop based / multi user, web based
- Limit: no limit on the number of references but it is recommended that it does not exceed 100.000 references on the desktop version to maintain efficient performance managing the database; 50.000 references on the web version
- Using EndNote Web (cloud syncing) the data are saved with Amazon Web Services in Europe and may be replicated in more than one European regions for redundancy.
Reference Management with EndNote, an overview (Sabine Schneider, MPI Biochemie)
Comparison EndNote X7 to X9
Comparison EndNote (desktop) - EndNote basic (online)
EndNote Menus Reference Guide X9
EndNote X9 Guided Tour for Windows or MacOS
Quick Reference Guide X9 for Windows or MacOS
Common Questions and Support
- The "Find Full Text" feature offers the possibility to download large numbers of full text automatically. This feature may cause problems concerning the licence contracts between the publishers and the MPG. Please notice the General Access Conditions
- How to use the Journal Term List (Video)
- Synchronizing EndNote Desktop and Web Libraries (Video)
- Capture for importing single references from web pages
- For using the "Online Search" feature port 210 must be opened. For using OVID via "Online Search", please contact us for activating the access
Please consider our environment - do you really need to print this page?