The principal duty of the Bioinformatics Core Facility is to assist wet-lab researchers in our institute in bioinformatics data analysis. The facility is tightly embedded in the Computational Systems Biochemistry and also works in close contact with the wet-lab research scientists at MPIB. The tight link to the Computational Systems Biochemistry ensures that the services offered remain state-of-the-art, not only by keeping up with novel developments in the field, but also by offering bioinformatics assistance that goes beyond publicly available analysis methods.
You can find information and usefuls links from our pages to the following topics:
- Bioinformatics-service: how you can start a project with us
- home-made software: from protein sequence to function to networks
- Bioinformatics courses: what we offer and how you can sign up for it
- things-we-have-done: projects carried out in the Bioinformatics Core Facility
- do-it-yourself: find links and tutorials for useful Bioinformatics tool
- Most of the work in Omics data analysis is done on Unix like systems. Here you can find some Linux resouses: