Wissenschaftliche Informationsvermittlung/Scientific Information Services
We offer and provide the following services to staff and guests of the Max Planck Society (MPG), especially in the Bio-Medical Section:
- Bibliometric analyses for the visit of the Scientific Advisory Board and other requests. We identify the publications of authors, research groups and institutions and determine their numbers, citations and ranking.
- Support in the use of reference management systems for storing, organizing and sharing reference collections (e.g. EndNote, Mendeley, Papers).
- Assistance in the utilization of literature, patent and other databases.
- Help with the search of supplementary information about topics beyond the usual focus.
- Training and workshops via online-communication programs: We teach an efficient way of searching in databases and the competent use of reference management systems (see workshops).
- Sheets containing search tips based on frequently asked questions.
- Strategies for searching MPG publications of each individual institute of the MPG.
- Wiki on bioinformatics tools developed in the MPG - listed by institutes.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Johann Bauer
Elisabeth Schlagberger (M.A.)