Wissenschaftliche Informationsvermittlung / Scientific Information Services
We offer and provide the following services to staff and guests of the Max Planck Society (MPG), especially in the Bio-Medical Section:
- Bibliometric Analyses: We identify the publications of authors, departments and institutions and determine their number, citations and ranks.
- Support in the use of reference management systems for storing, organizing and sharing reference collections, e.g. EndNote, Mendeley, Papers.
- Assistance in searching information by the means of databases and other facilities.
- Help with the acquisition and application of BioInformatic tools, currently Ingenuity Pathway Analysis - IPA, Pathway Studio - Elsevier.
- Training and workshops via online-communication programs: We teach efficient ways of searching databases, using reference management systems and applying bioinformatic tools.
- PDFs containing search tips based on frequently asked questions.
- Predefined Strategies
for searching MPG publications in the Web of Science of each individual Max Planck institute.
- BioTools provided by members of the Max Planck Society - free access!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!